Warehouse assistant (casual)
Immediate start for a successful applicant
Georgia Perry is a growing independent brand, selling a range of eccentric products spanning accessories, stationery and jewellery.
We are looking for a fun and chill warehouse assistant to fill a seasonal casual position (with potential to become more permanent!) in our Fitzroy (Melbourne) based warehouse.
We offer a low-fi, friendly and fast paced environment to work.
We are a small but very hard-working team with lots of exciting growth.
In this role you will assist in ensuring that our small warehouse runs smoothly. You will be working both independently and alongside our Wholesale Manager / our small team (of two!) packaging and assembling a range of products, as well as packing wholesale and online orders.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
11am – 5pm
1/2 hour break
• Picking and packing customer orders
• Packaging a variety of products (which may include, but is not limited to: boxing, bagging, stickering, assembling, sorting etc.)
• Reviewing products for quality
• Keeping records of goods, their location and quantity
• Preparing despatch notes and labels
• Keeping the workspace in a tidy state and clearing away packing material and debris
• Loading and unloading goods from delivery vans
• Receiving goods and checking correct quantities / types of goods have been received
• Recording any damaged, missing or faulty goods
• Light cleaning tasks as required
Skills & requirements:
• Energetic and can-do vibe
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work in a chill but fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with your hands assembling small components
• Previous picking & packing experience an advantage but not required
• Ability to show initiative and to improve on existing processes and systems
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
This is not a creative / design position – sorry!
However, it will suit somebody who loves creating order out of chaos –
somebody who just bloody loves organising things, making systems and seeing
the inner workings of a growing small business!
Please introduce yourself via email at [email protected], including a resume / your contact info. Please use “Warehouse Assistant - [your first and last name]" as the subject line when you are emailing.